Counselling for Couples & Families
Self-awareness and good communication build happier relationships
I meet with couples at many turning points. Whether you’re entering into a new relationship, seeking to revitalize a long-term partnership, or navigating a break-up, couples counselling can help you to engage one another with greater clarity and intention.
When working with couples, my aim is to provide a neutral, supportive space where you can explore new ways of communicating and being with each other.
In couples counselling, we work to:
- Learn concrete skills to “take home,” such as active listening, reframing, assertiveness, and setting boundaries;
- Build self-awareness and personal responsibility;
- Cultivate safety with one another to allow intimacy to grow;
- Work through a specific issue, such as infidelity, jealousy, or a co-parenting conflict;
- Major transitions, such as divorce, a partner coming out, or gender transitioning.
Families come in all shapes and sizes. I also work with couples who have, or are planning to have, children, particularly in the LGBTQ community. We can discuss:
- Your unique path to conception;
- Parenting and family agreements;
- Constructive co-parenting strategies.
Contact me for a free phone consultation, to discuss your questions and counselling goals, and see if we’re a good fit.
Anna Richards Counselling & Consulting
Suite 1500, 800 W Pender St
Vancouver BC V6C 1J8